Monday 17 October 2016

Challenge #1: Introducing Brooke

My name is Brooke Boutilier. I grew up in Nova Scotia but am currently living and teaching in Gjoa Haven, NU. Our hamlet it situated on traditional treaty land, from the Nunavut settlement.

I LOVE the ocean. I have lived close to the ocean my entire life. When I was younger I wished I was a mermaid so I could live in the ocean, with the starfish, sea snails, and seahorses. I signed my class up for this challenge because I think it is important to understand how all of the world'd oceans and water are interconnected.

Gjoa Haven is in the Arctic Ocean watershed. Our hamlet is situated directly on the Arctic Ocean; you can see the ocean from everywhere in town. One issue I notice is the amount of garbage that can be found along the shores of the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment